There is nothing better than having a perfect smile and not having the fear of smiling in front of coworkers and friends. Stained and crooked teeth cannot be a mark of confidence for anyone. Sometimes, it may end up making a person too conscious and nervous in front of others. A better solution is to visit the cosmetic dentist on time and allow them to take care of all your worries. Cosmetic dentistry is capable of giving the perfect shape to your smile by improving your facial aesthetics. They will turn your smile into an awe-inspiring one in a number of ways. The major ones are as follows:
- Invisalign Orthodontic Aligners: Implants happen to be one of the biggest miracles of this millennium and agent of perfect smiles. And the cherry on the cake is that you need not to bear with harsh and heavy metallic braces anymore. The new advancement in dentistry brings-in aligners that can be worn as well as removed like retainers. These play an important role in improving the aesthetics of your face and can prove equally effective in the achievement of tooth movement much more easily than previous dental braces.
- Cosmetic Gum Sculpting and Recontouring: There are so many people out there who suffer from unwanted teeth enlargement or some very small teeth because of undergrown gums. Under both conditions, the person suffers from highly unaesthetic facial appearance. The present-day cosmetic dentistry can improve the scenario by new procedures like gum sculpting. Under this process, the gums are reattached with the help of lasers and some other surgical procedures depending on the seriousness of the issue.
- Bonding: Another amazing dental procedure, under this process tooth colored bonding agents are used for filling up excessive gaps in-between teeth as well as restoring of tooth post removal in dental cavities. The surface where filling needs to be applied is initially prepared for the surgery by using mild acid. The bonding is then placed over the gum and is then polymerized with the help of a stable source of light.
- Dental Crowns: Dental crowns or ‘tooth caps” are the accessories that are placed right on the surface of a prepared tooth. Such dental crowns can either be fabricated with pure ceramic or can be created with the placement of dental alloys over ceramic. Mostly, dental crowns are placed for the restoration of tooth anatomy or covering ugly tooth stains or providing support to some heavily filled tooth and providing it with proper strength. It is one of the most common procedures accompanying root canal treatments.
- Veneers: Veneers refer to prefabricated restorations. These restorations are primarily prepared in laboratories once a dentist is successful in creating a tooth impression. It is further processed in the laboratory. Veneers are attached to teeth straight away with the help of bonding agents and are also very useful in camouflaging tooth staining or restoration of some crooked or grossly carious teeth.
All these are the ways in which cosmetic dentists can help in creating your smile. You just need to locate the best one in your vicinity and take an appointment with them.